Wednesday, July 14, 2010

OPEN

If there is one trait that I would want to have on a desert island, or one trait that I would want to have in a dire situation, in a life threatening situation, the answer would be simple: an open mind. Information is power, and having an open pipeline to information is the most important, life saving skill, one can possibly have. My wonderful western doctors who are part of a team and a plan that will save my life, and who simply don't know any better, told me it would be ok to go home and eat ice cream. I do not condemn nor judge them for what they say. It has political, medical, and scientific ramifications. And yet to me, I feel so bad for those who simply do follow this advice. Who start chemotherapy, without building the rest of the body to be able to hand that type of attack. Tonight I met an old friend, someone who I thought of really as a simply acquaintance, and yet tonight he showed me that he was more than that. "Call my step mom" he told me. "She was riddled with disease through her whole body in every crevice of her body and when the doctors told her to go home, that even chemo was not worth it, she said 'fuck it' and went on a diet that ended up eradicating every single spec of disease and to this day she is 100% clear." Our bodies need the fuel to fight off infection. Our bodies are our best friend if we treat it right. Our bodies are miracles that are designed to kick ass, to word off bad things, to allow us to run hard, and run long, but only with the proper fuel. I look forward to speaking to this persons mama tomorrow and hearing her inspirational story and what she did to save her life. If I pick up one thing to add to my regimen, great. An open mind to new things, to change, to modifications, to being better, to feeling better, to living a life worth something, to enjoying the ride. My two meetings were very interesting today. After I played tennis and met with friends for the first time in three months. It was incredible. We sat, laughed, watched the ocean, and chit chatted about silly things. I am so incredibly fortunate to have friends who all rallied to one location on the one night I decided to step out. What wonderful people, with love in their hearts, ready to provide inspiration, love, hugs, laughter. I can honestly say that tonight I feel incredibly luck to have taken meetings doing what I love, played a game that I loved, and then met people that I love and who love me. What is life if not that? Oh, and the birds that flew over the tennis court today were also amazing. Ok, big day tomorrow of acupuncture, doctors, and meditation class tomorrow night. The waves pounding against the sand sound amazing tonight. LIVE WELL

No comments:

Post a Comment