Monday, May 24, 2010

Tea

This morning I awoke well rested and prepared to hit the day with full force. The day started with a bowl of oatmeal with fruit, lemon juice water with extra Vitamin D3 mixed in, and my traditional vitamin routine. Of course I was also to ingest my healing tea, which I had skipped the past two days while under treatment. The tea, so you know, is not exactly your average passion fruity ice tea, or Starbucks green tea. This is stuff is for lack of a better word, pretty horrific to take in. So much so that that my body naturally creates a gag reflex as I throw it down. So this morning, Veronica, my long time friend and someone who is helping to organize my place as I go through this healing time, was over and watched as I was about to take the tea down. After one gulp, I gagged as usual and looked down. "Look up" Veronica yelled as my face showed what I was going through. "Look up with strength" she cried, "only people with fear look down, and that ain't you" she told me. So after a few gulps, I couldn't stand it any more and I told Veronica I was finished, though there was at least a good gulp left. Veronica reminded me this exercise in tea drinking wasn't about taste, or tea, but about having the strength to follow through was is necessary to the end. I grabbed that cup and blasted through that last gulp as I looked up to the sky. With a shot of apple juice to wash away the taste, I was glad I followed through and didn't stop with one gulp left. When you fight for something, your life, or anything else you want, it's important to go all the way. It's a discipline and a way of being. Veronica then handed me two pieces of Trident Layers Strawberry gum which tasted like heaven. "After every cup, reward yourself with the succulent flavors of this gum." she told me. I am chewing the gum right now and it is delicious. LIVE WELL

No comments:

Post a Comment