Friday, August 13, 2010
Beautiful Day
At approximately 8AM I awoke to the sound of jack hammers hammering away at the house directly in front of the unit I live in, in Santa Monica, Ca. This has been taking place for the past week or so. By the looks of things, it could be on-going for the rest of the summer, and beyond. Not sure if they are attempting to jack hammer a hole large enough for a swimming pool, or what exactly would necessitate this much jack hammering, but whatever they are doing, they find it useful to hammer away. All of this, of course, would traditionally not be the biggest deal, because I would A) Leave, or B) Leave. However on this day, and for the next two days, I am hooked into my treatment, which renders me a stay at home guy for the next 48 hours. Wayne Dyer in hand, Deepak ready to go on the iphod, yet my head is rumbled by these amazingly noisy jack hammers. Who in the FUCK invented the Jack Hammer? A psychopath? But life is filled with noise, angry people, unhappy people, unhappy noise, I must remember, all of it is necessary, perfect. The moment of rest I get in between jack hammering of the concrete actually feels all that much better, and even the noise itself is not the end of the world. Result of my treatment is that it seems to be working. Is there an end in sight? Not exactly in regard to the medical community. But life is good, the days are spend enjoying, not stressing about mundane little things. For that I am thankful, happy. The fact that they, and I, seem to have a treatment, a protocol, that seems to be making things better, is for now great. What tomorrow brings is another story and luckily for me, my life is now spent, not thinking about tomorrow, but living for what is right now. It's where all of us should be, always, because no one knows what tomorrow brings. So, go enjoy that day, cherish that extra bit of desert, that white sand beach, the embrace of your family member, that silly noise that seems to be such a bother, because all of it is life, living seeing, hearing, loving, feeling tasting, life! GO LIVE WELL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment