Saturday, June 19, 2010
Session One Complete
Well, that wasn't so bad now was it? Four rounds down of intensive therapy designed to mutilate the negative cells in my body which for some odd reason felt they had a place to mutate within me. I don't think so! The first session is finalized which leaves another four more to go until we will truly be able to tell if we are beating this thing or not. This said, it's pretty clear to me that something is being beaten down. My blood count levels are back to normal again, which could signify an important stoppage of bleeding from one of the larger sites in my body - i.e. the one that gave our first glimpse that there may be a problem. This original bleeding, while good that it provided the first clues that there may be something wrong, is also what was depleting my body of good solid blood cells which are needed to fight off infection and other mutations that may occur in the body. We don't know for certain, however there is evidence to suggest that this is no longer bleeding. If this is the case, then it means the current treatment may be working. I was given a 20% shot of this current treatment actually working at all. Well, my partner in crime is frustrated because the "food delivery" guy couldn't find our location. It amazes me the things that people still get frustrated from. I wish I had the capacity to still get frustrated due to traffic, or food being late, or someone honking. The fact of the matter is that none of these things will ever be frustrations again. When your life is on the line, and your looking at 20/80 odds, thing like food being late is not a worry anymore. Non-the-less I must continue to live in a world where for the majority of people, the simple things like their nails not being done right, or a little traffic on the road is still a major catastrophe, and what's more interesting, is that I must find it in my heart to somehow empathize with these people. I wish I could impart my knowledge and my pain and my feelings onto everyone I know so that they could learn to appreciate every single moment as I do now, without frustration, angst or anxiety. Nothing, i realize, nothing is worth getting frustrated about. Ok, enough said, I am going to go walk into frustration zone because the food may be cooled off, or perhaps not just right. I will however keep my appreciation even for that moment, for being able to walk at all, to see, to smell, to cath a glimpse of the sunset. For human, is not easy, for anyone, and everyone deserves our compassion, our love. And when you feel it inside, it resonates outside. LIVE WELL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes we have to be grateful for every moment. And not listen to that little ego voice in our heads. I'm SO glad that your blood count is up. That is so important. Your body is strong!!! Wow, Scott, you are so impressive. Keep up this positive energy you have flowing from every element of your being, it's healing you from the inside out. You inspire me every day. I'm so grateful that you are writing and keeping us informed!!!
ReplyDelete